St Michael’s church is located in St Michael’s on Wyre, Lancashire.
There is also another nearby medieval church, St Helens in Churchtown.
The site the church stands on has probably housed some form of sacred building since the Saxon times. The church itself was mentioned in the Domesday book of 1086 and it is believed that some elements of the 13th century church still remain within the building today.
The current building is from the 15th century with alterations that were made some 200 years later.
The tower was built in 1549 and it houses three bells. The first one was donated by a French lady in 1458, the second one dates from 1663 by Geoffrey Scott and the third was from Abel Rudhall in 1742.
Inside the church is a large pendulum that hangs down from the wall. This clock was installed in 1850 and the ticking can be heard throughout the building.
Blessed Be )O(