Christ Church is located in Chatburn, Lancashire.
The church was built in 1837 with the first foundation stone being laid on 22nd June, and underneath this stone, they placed coins, medals and a copy of the Blackburn Standard. An article inside this newspaper suggested that Christ Church was the first to be commissioned under Queen Victoria’s reign.
The church was consecrated on 18th September 1838 by the Bishop of Chester.
On 3rd May 1854, the spire was struck by lightning which damaged both the spire and the tower.
Between 1882-1883 the church was enlarged which included two extra isles, an organ chamber and a choir vestry.
The churchyard includes three graves of soldiers from World War 1 and the grave of an airman and soldier from World War 2.
Blessed Be )O(